Thursday, March 17, 2022

Postproduction- editing

 Post-production is known as the final phase in creating a film. While in the post production phase most of my time has been spent in editing. 

After filming using my iPhone as my camera, I sent all the shots directly into the editing software known as adobe premiere pro.  Everything was going as planned as i was getting prepared to edit. However there was one small but detrimental problem. The school computer that has the editing software was outdated with some system functions. At first i thought it was a problem only with my computer so I switched but found all the computers have this problem. So my class had to switch to a web based editor known as wevideo, which is the same editor that we used to create our holiday music video.  

Editing phases 

As I was editing the shots, i tried to arrange them in a way that would resemble a story almost. But i made sure to follow common conventions of my genre. as i composed the shots i made sure to order them in a way that not only will a story show, but also have edited some shots using special effects and filters to enchant the shots and make them appear as something different. This is what i used to create the flashbacks that add meaning to film as the main character is reminiscing on what event had accrued.

Learning the software 

Over the course of editing I had to relearn how to use the wevideo editing software. Since my teacher purchased the premium version of the wevideo. With the premium a lot of new features, so i had to take some time to relearn how to use the editor with the advance settings. Which made use of the software better. Once i learned how to use the advance settings the construction of my film opening was easy 

No comments:

Post a Comment

FINAL FILM PRODUCTION!!!!

 Finally after all the long 6 weeks of hard work I am able to present to you my groups final film production. Although creating the film was...